Sunday, February 26, 2012

I am Stuffed

This morning I decided to switch up our usual Sunday morning breakfast (coffee and cereal) with something extra special. Stuffed French Toast! I used a combination of several recipes to get just what I wanted. It took only a few minuets to prepare and was delish! Plus, it looked pretty ;) The recipe is as follows,

8 ounces,Cream Cheese, softened
3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
8 slices of day old bread
2 whole Large Eggs
1 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract ( I used lemon extract)
2 Tablespoons Butter
Cinnamon and Sugar to taste, For Topping

Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar, set aside. Combine eggs, milk and extract. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each slice and sandwich together. Dip and flip each "sandwich" in the egg mixture. Place on hot griddle set at 350. Cook 4 min on each side or until toasty golden brown. Sprinkle with powder sugar and cinnamon, add syrup and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment