Friday, April 10, 2015

Almost there

It's been six months since my last entry, and I am almost at the end of my Pre op classes. My insurance required that I complete six months of classes, meet with a nutritionist and undergo a psychiatric evaluation ( whew! I passed lol) Now I am just two weeks away from completing my very last course. The pre op class! I am anxious to get my final insurance approval and ultimately a surgery date. Through the process I have learned a lot. I am more in tuned with why I am eating, and more careful about what I choose to eat. At my surgeons request, I cut out soda. It was difficult and took several try's, and lots of headaches (caffeine withdrawals) but I managed. Within two months of cutting out all soft drinks, I lost 14lbs! Crazy I know. I find myself focusing on my future, and all the things I want to do. There isn't an aspect of my daily life that isn't overshadowed with the issue of my weight. I am ready to move past it. I have chosen to continue meeting with a psychologist throughout my weight loss journey. It's amazing how much of my weight is self inflicted and deeper than just food. 

With that being said, I am ready for this life change. Let's do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment